Date(s) - 12/02/2019
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
In the world of cryptocurrencies, many terms such as blockchain, virtual currency, cryptocurrency, mining or ICO are handled, which can generate confusion and many questions. This is especially true as corporations and startups in particular are now looking at ICOs (Initial Coin Offerings) as instruments to raise funds as opposed to traditional equity investment from Venture Capital firms.
On this new session of our Wine & Learn series, we invite you to discover more about ICOs, an instrument that is aiming to revolutionize business financing but is also bringing many questions and risks to the forefront.
The evening will start with a short introduction and fireside chat to set the background for the panel conversation. The panel discussion will be followed by our traditional networking hour with wine and cheese!
- Laura Berton, is Partner with fieldfisher focused on IP &Tech transactions based in Silicon Valley. Over the past 15 years she has represented a wide array of companies in complex business transactions, innovative technology and IP licensing and other technology-related contracts such as outsourcing, Cloud, SaaS, software development, digital media, e-commerce and data privacy. She also often works with GCs helping them navigate their move into new jurisdictions and expansion process.
- Réza Malekzadeh, General Partner at Partech, a global investment platform for tech and digital companies, with offices in San Francisco, Paris, Berlin, and Dakar. Réza is also an active catalyst and leader in the French Silicon Valley tech community.
- Jonathan Chester, Founder & President of Bitwage, a payroll & invoicing solution built on top of the bitcoin blockchain that raised funds from VCs and corporate funds, such as Tim Draper’s Draper Associates, BPI France and Orange Silicon Valley through the Orange Fab accelerator.
- Terry Culver, CEO of Ethereum Classic Labs, an incubator for projects on the Ethereum Classic Blockchain. Terry has worked in fundraising and business development in a variety of fields ranging from technology, emerging markets, and education.
- Anne-Flore Goldsberry, Founder of CMO advisory, a marketing consulting practice, has been deeply involved in the financial services and technology community having led global marketing activities for a variety of brands such as Citibank, Silicon Valley Bank and Logitech and more recently Bankorus, a wealth management platform powered by AI and built on blockchain.
- Aymerik Renard, General Partner at Hardware Club, a firm based in San Francisco, Paris and Tokyo, helping hardware founders build amazing companies. The firm inaugurated their first fund of $50M in December.
- Adam Sterling, Executive Director of the Berkeley Center for Law and Business at Berkeley Law and co-founder of Startup@BerkeleyLaw.
- Panel moderated by Virginia Slutu, a California-licensed attorney and French corporate counsel, is the founder of the San Francisco-based law office LEGALSV. She advises startups and investors on a wide range of corporate and transactional matters covering startup formation, funding and regulatory compliance.