Date(s) - 20/05/2019
9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Energy Unblocked2019 is a bespoke event dedicated to explaining, understanding and pursuing the innovative potential of Blockchain technology in the energy sector. This unique 1-day conference, based at Eversheds Sutherland’sLondonpremises, includes a user-friendly introduction designed to brief newcomers on what Blockchain and Distributed Ledger technology is all about and why it is set to transform the energy sector as well as how we manage environmental problems. This will be followed by a deeper look into specific areas where these technologies are creating waves of innovation. From peer-to-peer energy trading to tokenising the hardware, a new wave of blockchain energy startups are leading us to a more sustainable, lower carbon future.
Topics to be covered
– Understanding the Blockchain/Distributed Ledgers marketplace
– From Peer-to-peer energy trading to tokenised hardware – how is blockchain disrupting the sector?
– Legal and regulatory hurdles to implementation
– Enabling new business models – an opportunity or a threat?
– Startup showcase and demo session of the leading new innovations in the field
– Environmental impact of blockchains – where do we go from here?